Required auxiliary equipment and accessories: vacuum pump (2L), nitrogen (inert gas such as argon), connecting pipe
1. Place the vacuum glove box on the test bench in a balanced manner, power on the inspection window, and turn on the front lighting.
2. Open the glove hole gland, open the door inside the transition chamber, and then close all the glove interface glands, valves and doors outside the transition room.
3. Open the three-way valve between the glove ports (rotate counterclockwise), connect the space between the glove interface gland and the glove to the box, so that the inside and outside of the glove (box and interface) are simultaneously evacuated and maintained The air pressure is balanced on both sides.
4. Connect the vacuum pump to a valve in the transition chamber (or any valve on the main box) through the vacuum connecting pipe, turn on the vacuum pump, slowly open this valve, and pump air to the box (if the valve is opened too fast, it may Cause gloves to swell).
5. When the pointer of the vacuum gauge drops and stabilizes at -0.1MPa, the vacuum is completed. At this time, the valve should be closed first and then the vacuum pump.
6. Then fill the box with inert gas through another valve until the air pressure is higher than the atmospheric pressure (barometer index is 0MPa), so that the pressure inside and outside the box is basically balanced, and the inside is slightly higher than the outside (not easy to be too high). Ensure that the atmosphere does not penetrate into the inside of the box (if you want to make the gas in the box more pure, it is best to repeat the above extraction and inflation process several times). Turn off the three-way valve connected to the glove interface, open the gland on the glove interface, and you can operate. (When opening the glove hole cover, make sure that the pressure inside and outside the box is balanced, otherwise the gloves will expand outwards)
1. If the joint of the vacuum pump is different from that of the glove box, the joint of the vacuum pump can be replaced, or there are two connecting pipes with different specifications in the middle to connect with a conversion joint.
2. The connection method of the inert gas source bottle and the vacuum pump is the same. If the joints do not match, they need to be converted.
The installation environment of the vacuum glove box:
Electricity: 220V/50Hz is required;
Water: It is necessary to connect ordinary tap water to the cooling water inlet of the purification system, and the valve does not need to be opened for a long time until the water tank is full;
Gas: It is necessary to provide inert gas (N2 or Ar) or mixed gas (N2 or Ar accounted for 90%, H2 accounted for 10%). If there is no such mixed gas, it can be replaced by a pure gas of N2 or Ar and H2.
We know that in the process of scientific experiments, some substances are easily oxidized and deliquescent in the atmosphere, which makes the chemical reaction of the test substance and the pre-treatment of the sample very difficult, which affects the test process and test results. The vacuum glove box (also known as Vacuum inert gas operation box) effectively solves these problems. The device can safely put in and take out test samples, and operate, react and test freely in an oxygen-free and water-free state, ensuring the normal progress of scientific experiments. . This product is an ideal device for scientific experiments in universities, research institutes, and enterprise laboratories, and is widely used in biochemistry, metallurgy, electronics, chemical, geology, minerals, medicine and other departments.
Such as: lithium ion batteries and materials, semiconductors, super capacitors, special lamps, laser welding, brazing, material synthesis, OLED, MOCVD, etc. It also includes biological applications, such as anaerobic bacteria culture, cell hypoxia culture, etc.!
The glove box is mainly composed of two parts: the main box body and the transition chamber. If users have other special requirements, they can also be designed and manufactured according to their needs.
There are two (or more than two) glove operation interfaces on the main box body, which are distributed on the front side (or front and back sides) of the box body, which enables the operation box to be operated by one (or several) people at the same time, which improves the box body The efficiency of use. In addition, there are observation windows on the front (or front and back) of the box, so that the operator can clearly observe the operation process inside the box, so that the operation process is intuitively displayed in front of the operator.
The valve of the transition chamber has suction and charging nozzles, which can be connected when suction or charging is required. Valves and nozzles are also installed on the main box body, which can be used by users when deflating or inflating the main box body to maintain air pressure balance (the three-way valve between the glove ports can also be used to deflate if necessary). Illumination fluorescent lamps are installed above the front observation window of the main box.
The transition chamber is used as the transition space between the main box body and the outside of the box body. It is composed of two sealed doors, two valves and a chamber body. The two doors inside and outside can effectively isolate the main box from the outside, so that things inside and outside the box can enter and exit when the main box is isolated from the atmosphere, thereby avoiding the trouble of repeatedly vacuuming and inflating the main box.
Open the packing box and first check whether the joints on the glove box are loose during transportation. If there is any looseness, please tighten the corresponding screws, and then you can try to vacuum.
Glove box gloves replacement
Glove box port covers
Glovebox gloves changing procedure
MBRAUN Glovebox manual